Currently I work as a Senior Systems Engineer primarily in the Storage, Networking and Infrastructure area for the Emmy Award winning VFX studio, RodeoFX
I enjoy tackling the complex issues that are unique to VFX.
Here at Darville IT you will find a collection of my thoughts and opinions based on professional experience regarding subjects such as, Linux, Windows, IT Security, Storage, VoIP, SEO, Programming, Web Design, Marketing, Business among other topics.
This blog revolves around providing insight into current trends and insight into modern Technology, with how-to’s, opinions, videos and thoughts.
I will also do consulting as well, usually my clients will be a small to medium business who do not have any technical staff, or only have junior level technical staff and require help on a specific project.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise-Level IT Service
- Cost Benefits Analysis
- Problem Resolution
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Research and Development
- ITIL & Best Practices
- Large Scale Deployment
- Desktop & System Maintenance
- Capacity Planning & Support
Projects I’ve been involved with
- Part of team that Virtualized all Target store servers over a 3 month period
- Worked as part of a team for a global migration of email accounts 100,000+ users.
- Provided primary direction in the migration project from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010; designed, developed, and administered SharePoint 2010 site.
- Managed the development and implementation of the SOE for remote sales based staff Laptops.
- Successfully implemented new UCaaS VoIP Phone System across 3 Montreal based sites
- Virtualization Physical to Virtual Servers (P2V)
- Implemented an ITIL based Service Desk for all IT based work
- Moved all tape based backups onto a custom built FreeNAS based platform